Wednesday, March 23, 2011






The Thing of the Day is a nest that a Carolina Wren couple built in Sandra's front porch wreath. It, along with some lovely flowers, says that spring is here, and we're so ready for it.

Greg and Lori were with us this past weekend and on their way home to Chicago they stopped by Hannibal and saw where I lived for some 14 years of my life -- from age 6 to 20. I appreciated them wanting to see Hannibal and I would like to visit it again, if I can find the time. I've never been sorry that my life has taken me to many places away from Hannibal, but I still have memories (mostly good) of my time there.

Sandra and Mary Jane Bailey and I spent this evening with Gertrude Innes. We had drinks and good conversation and then salad and pizza. Gertrude is a most interesting, kind and amazing person. It is an honor to be able to know her as a friend, and ---- she will be 100 years old this September 3. So, if you haven't met her at some point in the past, I introduce her to you with the included picture. I rather doubt that I will make it to 100, but if I should, I would hope that I could do it with the grace, love and good humor that defines Gertrude.

We leave for Mountain View, Arkansas, this Friday and then to Ft. Worth on Monday. We should be back in Warrensburg by the following Friday or Saturday. Much love to all who are reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment