Thursday, June 7, 2012





We have settled into life on the island. The weather has been good -- some rain -- flowers on the deck and in Sandra's garden are beginning to show their "stuff", but so far, not enough rain and burn restrictions are still in force. Except for some aches and pains we are not only holding our own, but enjoying friends and Sunday church, and trying to stay aware of all the wonderful things there are to see on our beach and along our road, as well as other places on the island.

At this point I don't plan on doing a Flower of the Day, but I do have three pictures of the Common Dandelion that I think you will find interesting. The digital camera is wonderful and has opened up a whole new world in picture taking for novices like me -- the dandelion pictures are a result.

I do have what may turn out to be a new blog feature for this summer. At present it is being called, for lack of imagination, A Snapshot from the Past. In today's offering I'm not sure who is the most nervous -- the curious visitor or me.

1 comment:

  1. The first shot of the two of you HAS to be one of my favorites ever!!!! The flowers are wonderful as always, but the deer pic is incredible! Is it REAL??? When and where was it taken?? Love you guys - you two are my new laptop background pic!!!

    ReplyDelete